To obtain the Tax Identification Number (TIN) for your registered business is now easy, If you are yet to obtain TIN, the application can now be made online and the process is free.
Tax Identification Number (TIN) is prepared by the tax office FIRS in conjunction with the Joint Tax Board (JTB). It is issued to individuals or registered business / incorporated companies for proper identification and verification.
While individual TIN has been automatically generated with BVN/NIN, registered business (Limited Liability Companies, Incorporated Trustees, Enterprises, Cooperative Society, MDAs, Trade Association etc) will, however, need to apply for it, follow the instruction below to obtain TIN for your business.
To start the registration visit https://tin.jtb.gov.ng/TinRequestExternal and fill the form, the TIN is expected to be created within 48hrs.
TO CHECK FOR EXISTING TIN
- Visit https://tinverification.jtb.gov.ng
- Step 1: Select the Organization’s Date of Incorporation
- Step 2: Select your preferred search criteria from the Select Criteria Dropdown-TIN or CAC registration Number or Registered Phone Number. CAC registration number should be typed in this format: BN1234 or IT1234 or RC1234.
- Step 3: Provide the appropriate value based on the search criteria in Step 2 above.
- Step 4: Confirm you are not a robot by checking the reCAPTCHA Box.
- Step 5: Click the Search button.