Are you looking to pursue your master’s in a program related to international development? The University of Sheffield’s Allan and Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust Masters Scholarships will offer needed relief to your academic costs.
The Sheffield Institute for International Development, in collaboration with the Allan and Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust, is offering four scholarships to eligible international students this year. This article discusses the scholarship, but first, here’s a brief introduction to the University of Sheffield.
The University of Sheffield
The University of Sheffield is a highly-ranked research university located in the vibrant city of Sheffield in the north of England. It is a world-renowned institution with a reputation for academic excellence and research innovation.
As an international student, you will find a diverse community of students and staff worldwide, making it a welcoming and inclusive place to study. The university offers undergraduate and postgraduate programs across various disciplines, including science, engineering, social sciences, humanities, medicine, and business.
The University of Sheffield is consistently ranked highly in international league tables and is a member of the prestigious Russell Group of leading research universities in the UK. It has world-class facilities and resources, including state-of-the-art laboratories, libraries, and research centers.
One of the standout features of the University of Sheffield is its commitment to social responsibility and sustainability, focusing on addressing global challenges through research, teaching, and community engagement. The university is also known for its strong industry links and provides students with opportunities for work placements and internships, helping to prepare them for their future careers.
Overall, the University of Sheffield offers an exceptional academic experience in a dynamic and inclusive environment, making it an ideal destination for international students looking to further their education and expand their horizons.
Here are other scholarships you might want to check out:
- UEA International Development Full Fees Scholarships 2023-24
- International Undergraduate Merit Scholarships at the University of Sheffield
- Global Undergraduate Scholarship at University College London, UK
- Embassy of UK Scholarships for International Students 2023-24
Allan and Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust Masters Scholarships
The Allan and Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust Masters Scholarships are available for international students who wish to pursue a full-time Master’s Degree program at the University of Sheffield in the UK. The scholarship covers the full tuition fees and provides a maintenance award of £13,590 to cover living expenses for one academic year. The scholarship is awarded for one year only and cannot be renewed.
The scholarship covers full tuition fees, plus a maintenance award of 13,590 euros.
To qualify for the Allan and Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust Masters Scholarships, you must:
- Hold an offer before Friday, 5 May 2023, for one of the following courses to study at the University of Sheffield in the 2023-24 academic year:
- International Development MA
- Environmental Change and International Development MSc
- International Development (Masters in Public Health) MPH
- International Law and Global Justice LLM
- International Political Economy MA
- Global Journalism MA
- International Public and Political Communication MA
- Intercultural Communication MA
- Be classified as overseas for tuition fee purposes
- Be self-funded, i.e., not funded by a research council, government, private enterprise, charity or any similar organization
- Know that the scholarship cannot be awarded in conjunction with any other funding awards, either from the University of Sheffield or external sources
- Enrolled in a full-time program at the University of Sheffield
- Begin your studies at the University of Sheffield in 2023. The scholarship cannot be deferred
- Have successfully received a visa to study at the University of Sheffield in September 2023
- Be a national of or permanently domiciled in one of the countries listed on the scholarship page.
Check: Reach Oxford Scholarship for Developing Countries 2023-24
To apply for the Allan and Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust Master’s Scholarships, follow these steps:
- Fill out the postgraduate online application form
- Submit the required documents
- Submit your application
The scholarship application deadline is May 5, 2023.
Check: Dalhousie University Scholarships 2023-24
Conclusion – Allan and Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust Masters Scholarships
The University of Sheffield offers more scholarships, like the Allan and Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust Masters Scholarships, to international students. You can check out most of them in the school’s scholarship portal.
However, if you want more information on other UK scholarships, click here. You can also check out these Canadian and US scholarships.